Monday, June 12, 2006

Akiane: Child Prodigy, artist & Poet...



















Why did you paint the portrait of Jesus?

It was God's timing; I had been looking for a Jesus model for two years, and I could not find the right face. Then one day I asked my family to pray with me all day. We petitioned God to send the model right through our front door.

The next day a tall carpenter came in. He was so humble, and I was surprised that he agreed to model for me. But a week later he called back to say that he was unworthy to represent his master. We all prayed together again, and a few days later he called back to tell us that God wanted him to do it, but he had to cut his hair and beard in three days.

So we took a few pictures and I studied his face for a long time.
After dozens of sketches, I started painting. It took me 40 hours to finish the first Jesus painting –The Prince of Peace-- and I still remember I lost four teeth in that time!

More? Check out Her official site: Akiane


Shared by:

Sister Melinda

8 Comments:

Blogger melinda m said...

Akiane is AMAZING....I read her book and it was SOOOOOOOOO inspiring. Her poetry is absolutely MIND-BLOWING...like, I can't even wrap my 35 yr old brain around it. They said in her book that they think it's encoded! That's just so cool.. God is so multi-faceted. He's just BEAUTIFUL! I remember growing up thinking church and God and His 'rules' are boring and all about the "can't do's" -----WRONG------the possibilities are ENDLESS with God (Phil. 4:13) and this precious servant of GOD, Akiane, is living proof. You gotta get the book.
Love from the U.S.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Karuna said...

This truly is amazing.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:19:00 AM  
Blogger Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister Melinda,

Thank you for sharing. I will try to get Akiane's book.

I love how the way she draws, I feel greatly bless with her visuals!

Have a good week ahead!

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Godwyn Lim said...

Sister Godzheart,

I totally agree with you, amazing isn't it? God is good, He works wonders with every Child!

God Bless!

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger jel said...

that is very AWESOME!

Monday, July 03, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Wow Akiane is so gifted!

Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Blessed!

Monday, February 05, 2007 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

That is amazing. But then again, is anything too difficult for God? It is wonderful to have God's talent be poured out in such a way through a human vessel of a young child. It makes it more visible that it is God. Blessings to you!

Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home